Imagine the universe beautiful and just and perfect,
the handbook said to me once.
Then be sure of one thing: the Is has imagined it quite a bit better than you have.
You said that depending on people to care about what I say is
depending on somebody else for my happiness. That’s what I
came here to learn: it doesn’t matter whether I communicate or not. I
chose this whole lifetime to share with anybody the way the world
is put together and I might as well have chosen it to say nothing at
all. The Is doesn’t need me to tell anybody how it works.
The days blurred one into another. We flew as always, but I had stopped counting summer by the names of towns or the money we earned from passengers. I began counting the summer by the things I learned, the talks we had when flying was done, and by the miracles that happened now and then along the way to the time I knew at last that they aren’t miracles at all.
13. “Each creature in its own manner clung tighty to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth.
14. “But one creature said at last, ‘I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom.’
15. “The other creatures laughed and said, ‘Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed across the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!’
16. “But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks.
17. “Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.
18. “And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger, cried, ‘See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah, come to save us all!’
19. “And the one carried in the current said, ‘I am no more Messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure.’
20. “But they cried the more, ‘Saviour!’ all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a Saviour.”
30. “And what would you do,” the Master said unto the multitude, “if God spoke directly to your face and said, ‘I COMMAND THAT YOU BE HAPPY IN THE WORLD, AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.’ What would you do then?”
32. And the Master said unto the silence, “In the path of our happiness shall we find the learning for which we have chosen this lifetime. So it is that I have learned this day, and choose to leave you now to walk your own path, as you please.”
Yieldmore is a commitment to personal growth and self expression, a network of positive people and professionals *1. Join us on our voyage of learning and helping. Anyone can come to help and take help. See our Ventures (tab) and find one you care about. Write to us with ideas and suggestions for content. Do pass the word around. Mentor those around you and share the sources of your inspiration. Live life to the full and spread good cheer!
*1 - Yieldmore will always remain a free information portal but it promotes the services of it's contributors.
A network of progressively thinking individuals, encouraging people to explore their potential.
Recreation, Learning / Sharing, Self Expression, Personal Growth and Giving Back.
Peacefulness, Declutter, Deconstruction, Quality and Omission of the Negative.
Forum / Chat - a forum / chat site for all members and persons interested in a Better Life. For now we are just collecting questions so write in to us. Some existing forums on stackexchange are:
Counselling - building a directory of counsellors and other quality of life professionals and a platform for them to voice their ideas in the form of articles and videos. Planning a forum, helpline and chatroom as well and would like to link to existing ones.
Mentoring - building a directory of people in their 20s, 30s and 40s who would like to mentor junior professionals and build a connect with children in high schools and colleges. These would include perspectives and ideals not just skills and communication.
Volunteers and Donors - Find places to go and people to share/volunteer their time in orphanages, old-age homes special schools, etc.
Publish selections and summaries from books and entire works
Learn English and Culture through curated lists of movies, books, etc and find teachers for assessments and 1-1 sessions. We have 2 teachers already listed with us who can even take classes for groups of people. Our mp3 player is being enhanced as a lyrics trainer (with a loop feature) for people to learn songs and prayers.
Repository of inspirational information and ideas worth learning and sharing.
Ask people to embrace the path of Learn, Heal, Share, Experience/Emote/Express and Yield More, sharing their experiences with us and making videos/slides for the benefit of others.
Q) I'm ill and I need help / My life is full of negativity. What can I do?
We suggest maintaining a diary and devising some Affirmations that you often repeat to yourself. A practice like Yoga or a program like BrainSync could help a lot. You could reach out to us and we will put you on to one of our untrained members who MAY be in a position to help. Give us some time to build a network of counsellors / a helpline. This could be a 3rd party service and may be paid.
Q) I'm a teacher and want to know how to become better at it. How can YM help?
We are working with some senior teachers to create/curate content aimed at Teacher Improvement. If you want help in a specific area / want someone to guide you, you may write to us.
Q) I'm looking at ways to enhance my professional skills. Also, is there someone who would mentor me?
You can befriend one of our Players who will talk to you and help you make a plan for progress. If someone is available from our network, we can ask them to mentor you. We only ask that you compile what you've learnt and share it on our Learn YM channel and maybe one day pay it forward.
Q) I'm a motivational speaker / life coach. How can YM help me promote myself?
We can guide you in setting up your own youtube/fb/linkedin/twitter/wordpress accounts, give you backlinks from various pages on our website where you write about your point of view, create a minisite for you (for eg http://share.yieldmore.org/helpers/3a/), mention you in our newsletter / at events and promote your stuff on our social media channels.
Q) I'm interested in spirituality but wary of religion/dogma. Where should I begin?
We curate the works of some spiritual teachers here - yieldmore.org/people/ and on our youtube channel (Awakenings / Hinduism / Integral Yoga / Set Man Free). Some books on spiritualism are also published here - yieldmore.org/works/. You could also explore this website: auromere.wordpress.com or write to us and we will put you in touch with someone to converse with.
Q) I seem to be missing a source of inspiration/joy in my life. What can I do?
Fill in this Google Form (to be devised) and then message us on whatsapp / email. We hope to have a helpline in about 6 months time, but you can reach out to ____ if its urgent. If they dont respond, send a message/WhatsApp to Imran at 9841223313.
Q) I have a question / a point of view / an article or video to suggest. How do I post it?
We have a forum, an active youtube account and write content all over the site (yieldmore.org/?o=msall) and encourage people to share their views / backlink to their blogs. You can write to us with your query/suggestion and in time we will give you access to upload content on your own. We do this initially because we want the site to be organized in the best way possible and make sure content is in line with our spirit.
Links + Info
Our website is organized into sub-domains: Learn Heal Share and English, apart from the main site. These correspond to the links to the left of the animation in the navigation bar viz: L H S E & YM. Each site has pages organized into Categories and "Helpers" is a category that lists people relevant to that site. Each site has an About page whose link is just below the site title / byline. English has a list of curated content (books / movies, songs etc) and we encourage you to buy / gift them.
Some Works have been published to demonstrate the "Biblios" plugin that has search with context, multi-device bookmark and saving of quotes. Permissions pending so please respect the disclaimer.
Suggestions for content / links / ideas to promote are welcome. A mini-site replaces the navigation with a list of sub-pages. An example is Imran's Writing. Our content is topic centric but you are welcome to have a Speak/Helper page as well. Do contact us to begin a lifelong friendship. Meet Imran (pg 2 goes into the whys of YM).