Coined as Joyland in 2019, we now desire to have Growth and Healing Spaces for public, residential areas, schools and offices.
The 2020 document is concise and business like (it was a proposal for funding)
Initial Thoughts about Spaces
- 12 years ago, I read these words -"a dream by Mirra Alfassa" written in 1952, materialized as Auroville in 1968 and still counting as "the place" in 2022 - the place of an unending education, of constant progress, and a youth that never ages.
- But what do I know about healing, or building or of gathering people? I know my heart speaks with a certain passion. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction.
- "Intimate Healing Spaces" - can these spring up from our houses and hearts where we invite people to come share their woes, draw strength from one another and stand at each other's side until all maladies are passed and the Kingdom is Won. Not an abstract Kingdom, with a ruler, but rather a "Kindom" where LoveForLife springs, not subjugating people or coercing them to do things against their will.
- In 2019 / 2020, I designed physical spaces, calling them then Joyland. The idea still seems good and with your blessings it will manifest soon. All are learners, teachers, healers and philanthropists just at varying levels of skillset development and healing.
- The first room called Ethos gives a clear map on the 8 facets of wellness elaborated in the earlier message. 2 desks at the centre give information booklets and leaflets on various articles, programs, people and organisations.
- Next room is the interaction zone where discussion takes place and movies or presentations are viewed.
- People are asked to pay 1000Rs for 6 tokens that give a 150 discount on whatever is purchased in the 6 rooms upto 1 month.
- They are welcome to stay say 6 hours relaxing and exploring and come back multiple times.
- Every visitor is seen as a friend because after all this is a close knit family and given a chance to put their own skills and experience to common good.
- We wanted to invite batches of say 20 to spend a day. When a person visiting tells us in advance their wishes for Personal, Family, Professional and Society, we can brainstorm when they are at joyland a d slowly set things in motion.
- All this is possible at any center or few rooms. I can even simplify the concept to a person wearing a tee-shirt in a park that says come talk to me. Joy Chat...
How to Prepare and Launch a Space
- A space is kept aside for people to use for Growth and Healing.
- A repository of information that would be useful and inspiring to them is compiled. This may include youtube playlists, articles and links.
- Some are trained in the art of listening, diagnosing and are made as familiar with the ever growing common YM repository of content as possible.
- Some specialists are asked to make themselves avilable to the space. These may be educators and healers.
- A directory and availability calendar is drawn.
- Fresh content is also created by as many as can be.
- The ambience is designed and funding sought / equipment arranged.
- Some staff are identified. Training on computer usage and media production is given so that the repository can be expanded to.
- Those investing their time and resources in the project come to an agreement for which the YM Model is a seed. Necessary Business Entity is created if need be.
- Target Audiences are chosen, content and sessions tailored for them are planned and invitations are made. The space/center is opened.
How It Works (The GHS Experience)
- People are asked to make a vow (sankalp/nazar) before entering, committing to the improvement of their health and of those around them.
- They quickly browse our repository or find a source of inspiration of their own and, on remembering / shouting it out loudly, they cross the threshold and enter the space. They are asked to go on sharing sources of inspiration.
- On entering, one is greeted by printed literature, articles and flyers from the repository and asked to browse these.
- They are then given a handbook in which to chalk out their wishes and constraints which will, over time be their record of "Growth and Healing".
- A large area comes next where videos / sessions may be going on or interaction with other healers and healees. All are seen as having something to offer this commune.
- Some devices in an area are made available for browsing our repository / making a submission to add to it when something is found from the internet at large.
- An area for reclining / relaxation while some of our recommended guided meditations are played.
- Set areas or times when specialists / in-house apprentices can consult smaller groups or individuals. These areas to be on themse such as "healing", "learning", "farming" and have specialized physical resources for the same.
- An "office" with computers and a few staff for training on internet/PC usage and for visitors to "volunteer" on help needed. This office is also responsible to acquire the skills for promoting the center and its "specialists".
- Lastly, a retail space (holistic products), a dispensary (alternate medicine), a kitchen (healthy foods) and access to restrooms etc.
Spaces in a Nutshell, 2019
- I built a self growing repository of information called yieldmore.org and managed to seed it with 100 odd articles of various use to mankind.
- It's network encourages educators, writers, healers, philanthropists and their teams to collaborate in a close knit social experiment for the larger good.
- We promote good health and healing through a series of articles, specialists, videos, programs, thought and healing systems, people, institutions and movements.
- All content and programs do not originate with us, rather we repost information from the internet and slowly include the thoughts and topics of interest from our ever growing community.
- I've only developed a proof of concept over the past 6 years but the whole orchestration seems ready to try to get off the ground.
- At its core is the information bureau which keeps growing as we learn and add new content to it. We refine it and add a science of prescription as we try using its nuggets of information and activities to the use of individuals and groups who can come in with any kind or problem or niggle.
- Everyone cced in this email has a wealth of experience and knowledge about what works practically. Some even have programs and organizations of their own.
- We're looking to promote physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, professional, financial, social and environmental wellness via a free information portal. Individuals who volunteer for us to man a "Joyland Center" will be encouraged to freely help out but not all will be able to do so.
- Some specialists will request us to promote their businesses or activities. Volunteers may want help in return for themselves or family members. Love and service for humanity being the driving or motive force, we want to establish an "Emotional Favour Bank" where money, time, skills and resources are exchanged freely in a true spirit of oneness.
- This sort of values based interaction works well in quasi utopian remote communities like ashrams and retreats like Auroville but I'm not sure if it's been tried in chaotic, stress riddled city community centres, which is precisely what I would like to discuss trying at your facility on OMR.
- What I've been developing for some time now is an integrated discovery, discussion, interaction, teaching, consulting, practice and rejuvenation center where no distinction is made between caregiver / patient (think k-pax). All are learners, teachers, healers and philanthropists just at varying levels of skillset development and healing.
- These are just the broad outlines of my proposal. It takes much effort and planning. Do contact us with ideas and content to contribute.
These were our core principles and definitions back in 2019
- That collaboratively we can share valuable insights into the human condition, roll up our sleeves and put ourselves willingly and joyously at the disposal of our brothers and sisters.
- That health is the right of every individual, group and species. That there are 8 facets of health - Physical / Emotional / Intellectual / Spiritual / Financial / Professional / Social / Environmental.
- That we are the voice of the disenchanted, misunderstood and neglected. That we will find it in ourselves to fight the good fight and carry the day, serving our deity to the best extent possible.
- Joy is the "promised land" the Cosmic Consciousness bestows on you for acting inspired and mindful, fully in the moment, following the source of inspiration that comes from every breath.
- Land is the place where we come together to dream of and then build it into reality.
- Time - there is only one time in which to act - NOW, so throw away all hangovers of the past, and come back to life, upon the single ACT OF YOUR LOVE.
- Common Wealth is wealth in common, everyday abundance. A heritage we look forward to, enhancing and enlivening as we pass it on to our progeny.
- Grace is the sanction of the Divine Lila to give ourselves the freedom to choose or decide which of our many future selves ought to manifest.
- Aspiration is the passion with which we pursue meaningful, timeless goals. We exert our collective will to become something more than machine, something beyond [wo]man.
- Accidents - as Oogway says, there are NO ACCIDENTS, only fortuitous incidents playing out just as we in our Swa-Lila planned it all.
The Joyland Experience (Feb 2020)
Text to Speech