Joyland, an idea from 2019 for promoting wellness is now replaced by:
The contents below are left here for historic interest.
12 years ago, I read these words -"a dream by Mirra Alfassa" written in 1952, materialized as Auroville in 1968 and still counting as "the place" in 2022 - the place of an unending education, of constant progress, and a youth that never ages.
But what do I know about healing, or building or of gathering people? I know my heart speaks with a certain passion. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction.
"Intimate Healing Spaces" - can these spring up from our houses and hearts where we invite people to come share their woes, draw strength from one another and stand at each other's side until all maladies are passed and the Kingdom is Won. Not an abstract Kingdom, with a ruler, but rather a "Kindom" where LoveForLife springs, not subjugating people or coercing them to do things against their will.
Spaces (Joyland) in a Nutshell (Introduction), 2019
- I built a self growing repository of information called yieldmore.org and managed to seed it with 100 odd articles of various use to mankind.
- It's network encourages educators, writers, healers, philanthropists and their teams to collaborate in a close knit social experiment for the larger good.
- We promote good health and healing through a series of articles, specialists, videos, programs, thought and healing systems, people, institutions and movements.
- All content and programs do not originate with us, rather we repost information from the internet and slowly include the thoughts and topics of interest from our ever growing community.
- I've only developed a proof of concept over the past 6 years but the whole orchestration seems ready to try to get off the ground.
- At its core is the information bureau which keeps growing as we learn and add new content to it. We refine it and add a science of prescription as we try using its nuggets of information and activities to the use of individuals and groups who can come in with any kind or problem or niggle.
- Everyone cced in this email has a wealth of experience and knowledge about what works practically. Some even have programs and organizations of their own.
- We're looking to promote physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, professional, financial, social and environmental wellness via a free information portal. Individuals who volunteer for us to man a "Joyland Center" will be encouraged to freely help out but not all will be able to do so.
- Some specialists will request us to promote their businesses or activities. Volunteers may want help in return for themselves or family members. Love and service for humanity being the driving or motive force, we want to establish an "Emotional Favour Bank" where money, time, skills and resources are exchanged freely in a true spirit of oneness.
- This sort of values based interaction works well in quasi utopian remote communities like ashrams and retreats like Auroville but I'm not sure if it's been tried in chaotic, stress riddled city community centres, which is precisely what I would like to discuss trying at your facility on OMR.
- What I've been developing for some time now is an integrated discovery, discussion, interaction, teaching, consulting, practice and rejuvenation center where no distinction is made between caregiver / patient (think k-pax). All are learners, teachers, healers and philanthropists just at varying levels of skillset development and healing.
- These are just the broad outlines of my proposal. It takes much effort and planning. Do contact us with ideas and content to contribute.
The Spaces (Joyland) Experience (Feb 2019)
- Joyland was designed in Feb to work in an 8 room house, and 3 areas outside.
- First was the detox area where a vow is to be made to improve the quality of ones life.
- Then a reception with a screen which let's the user pick something inspiring, say it out loud, choose an energy drink and with much enthusiasm, cross the threshold.
- The first room called Ethos gives a clear map on the 8 facets of wellness elaborated in the earlier message. 2 desks at the centre give information booklets and leaflets on various articles, programs, people and organisations.
- Next room is the interaction zone where discussion takes place and movies or presentations are viewed.
- 4 rooms for learning, healing, charity work and retail of books and organic products surround the first 2 rooms.
- Also is a small digital library. The charity room has few computers for general purpose and visitors may volunteer to do the work required or learn the skills needed to promote these charities from home.
- The kitchen also has a dispensary and a sit out with tables. I had hoped to have a small memorial wall somewhere here as well.
- On the other side of the reception is an exercise yard.
- People are asked to pay 1000Rs for 6 tokens that give a 150 discount on whatever is purchased in the 6 rooms upto 1 month.
- They are welcome to stay say 6 hours relaxing and exploring and come back multiple times.
- Every visitor is seen as a friend because after all this is a close knit family and given a chance to put their own skills and experience to common good.
- We wanted to invite batches of say 20 to spend a day. When a person visiting tells us in advance their wishes for Personal, Family, Professional and Society, we can brainstorm when they are at joyland a d slowly set things in motion.
- All this is possible at any center or few rooms. I can even simplify the concept to a person wearing a tee-shirt in a park that says come talk to me. Joy Chat...
In 2019 / 2020, I designed physical spaces, calling them then Joyland. The idea still seems good and with your blessings it will manifest soon. All are learners, teachers, healers and philanthropists just at varying levels of skillset development and healing.
Core and Definitions
These were our core principles and definitions back in 2019
- That collaboratively we can share valuable insights into the human condition, roll up our sleeves and put ourselves willingly and joyously at the disposal of our brothers and sisters.
- That health is the right of every individual, group and species. That there are 8 facets of health - Physical / Emotional / Intellectual / Spiritual / Financial / Professional / Social / Environmental.
- That we are the voice of the disenchanted, misunderstood and neglected. That we will find it in ourselves to fight the good fight and carry the day, serving our deity to the best extent possible.
- Joy is the "promised land" the Cosmic Consciousness bestows on you for acting inspired and mindful, fully in the moment, following the source of inspiration that comes from every breath.
- Land is the place where we come together to dream of and then build it into reality.
- Time - there is only one time in which to act - NOW, so throw away all hangovers of the past, and come back to life, upon the single ACT OF YOUR LOVE.
- Common Wealth is wealth in common, everyday abundance. A heritage we look forward to, enhancing and enlivening as we pass it on to our progeny.
- Grace is the sanction of the Divine Lila to give ourselves the freedom to choose or decide which of our many future selves ought to manifest.
- Aspiration is the passion with which we pursue meaningful, timeless goals. We exert our collective will to become something more than machine, something beyond [wo]man.
- Accidents - as Oogway says, there are NO ACCIDENTS, only fortuitous incidents playing out just as we in our Swa-Lila planned it all.
Setting the Tone
So, what do we know about our "houses and hearts"?
- Our hearts are expansive and when tended to carefully, can engulf whole universes in them.
- Our houses are but temporary dwelling places for the soul.
- [Our soul] burns yonder millions of miles away in the infinite reaches of Space
- We house each other's hurts and dreams carefully as a parent does.
In the Workplace
Consolidated Ideas for the Workplace
- Productivity Articles and Tidbits
- Cooperative Consulting
- Interviews that Catalyse
- Internal Quality Initiatives
- Assisted Skilling Programs (Sunlight)
- Community Centres at Office
- Hosting Training / Incubators
Text to Speech