Table of Contents
You are seeing a free preview. Email us to purchase the course.
- MFLP Home preview only
- About the Course preview only
- Course Outline preview only
- 1: Is it for us? preview only
- 2: Needs and Stages preview only
- 3: Environment for age 0 - 6 preview only
- 4: Steps Outlined preview only
- 5: Support Systems preview only
- 6: Starting a Cooperative preview only
- 7: Learning Requirements for Children preview only
- 8: Resources preview only
- 9: Equipping Yourself preview only
- 10: Assessments preview only
Module 2: Needs at every developmental stage
In this chapter we will deal with the needs of the child at every developmental stage.
This is the most important stage for neural development and connections. This is the age of the
Absorbent Mind. The child absorbs everything that the senses can perceive from the environment leaving a lasting impression on its young mind.
During these phases the child is especially sensitive to certain areas of the environment and makes numerous acquisitions. The right stimulation at the right time provides opportunities for optimal development. We should prepare an environment in which the child can educate himself through the materials that correspond to his sensitive periods. During these sensitive periods children learn the particular skills with great ease. Example: There are sensitive periods for acquiring the basic math concepts, language, movement etc., during which the right stimulation and a carefully ordered environment should be provided which will facilitate the child’s learning and acquiring skills.