WoW at Work
Description: This article from 2019 discusses the benefits of running a WoW / Wish Centre in companies and how this provides support to families too.Find out more at YieldMore.org: (Share your) Thoughts And Ideas
Begun in March 2019 as "Evolving Sunlight" consulting which later became the "Evolving Landscapes" Interview Series, WoW (Wish On, World) at Work is an Initiative of YieldMore.org to help companies in their pursuit of "Organizational Excellence".
Companies large and small would vastly benefit from a small recreation room where multiple things can happen. We call these multi-rooms and the following takes place in them:
- Employees engage in co-curricular activities like pet projects and skill / professional development where they get to work with others from other teams too.
- A counselor helps them sort out their troubles and has a record of each person's needs and progress
- Support groups are formed.
- A day care is run, also a healthy foods kitchen.
- Workshops by educators and healers to benefit employees and their families.
- A library of personal / professional development articles and resources is made.
- A digital library of movies and songs is slowly (legally) accumulated.
- Charity work to neighbouring orphanages, old age homes etc is organized.
- Centres like these are linked with other centres in the YM WoW network and mutual sharing of ideas / content is done.
All of this could easily be put in place and decision makers in companies will see vast improvements in capability, productivity and commitment from their employees. A home feel is created.
- Imran, 12 Jul 2019